WSM 22.5 + cajun bandit door + Compression latch (SC-62315)

BenDaggett

Hello,

I have purchased the cajun bandit door and the compression latch (SC-62315). I was wondering if anyone has used this setup before and if I need to drill the hole out in the new door to get the SC-62315 to fit correctly.

You will need to enlarge the hole in the door a little. Step drill is the easy way. Close enough that if you don't have the bit, some time with a round file will also work, but stainless isn't the easiest to file.

I am doing the compression latch mod now on my 22" WSM. I have glued the nomex gasket to the CB door. I just glued it to the 3 sides (top and sides) of the door. Are you supposed to gasket the bottom as well?

Thanks!

I didn't gasket my CB doors. They fit so good, didn't need to. You may have to do bottom since you did the sides. Try it and see.

Thanks, my concept is to flex the CB door slightly to tighten the outside edges of the door gasket against the body of the smoker. Then the compression latch will snug everything up.

I just got the compression latch in the mail, I was hoping for instructions.

James... I'll pass along this link that someone else posted in on of these threads a while back. It's got instructions for a bunch of their latches, and the one that everyone here gets (including myself) is towards the bottom. Either match up the item number on the little charts on the right, or look closely at the pictures/diagrams.

The diagram they have will most certainly show you exactly what you're looking for... It worked for me, and I'm one of the least mechanical/handy persons on the planet.

http://www.southco.com/static/Literature/62.en.pdf

I'd imagine you've already read about needing to stretch the hole out in the door. I got a cheap unibit/step-drill-bit from Amazon, but you probably don't reall need it. It's nice to have, but probably not necessary.

Much thanks Jeff, I did get the bit to increase the hole size. Again, thank you so much for the assembly instructions.

No problem, just passing on what I received on here. :)

The unibit thing works like a charm... Real slow rotation and just takes a few seconds. Total install takes less than five minutes of "work" and the result is phreakin phenomenal!

I had to wait until they came back in stock at Amazon and just purchased one. Do a search right now on SC-62315. Amazon has one left in stock. Also, you may be able to find it somewhere else by its Southco part number: 62-30-15.

Good luck

-- Mache

Thanks, I started a new thread about them today, and then looked at Amazon and they had 4. I bought one, someone asked for the URL and they bought one, and now it appears you got one. Who will get the last one, I wonder...

Back