Snow Ribs

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So...we don't get much snow here on the Big Deck in N AL. Therefore, we don't pay the taxes required to maintain heavy snow plows and mountains of salt/sand etc. required to clear the roads. The result is when it snows or ices the roads, businesses and schools close. Of course the local brew house was wide open. :) Well, when the weather gives you lemons you make lemonade. In my case that's a nice rack of St Louis Spares on the 14.5" WSM:

...that's okra an tomatoes sports fans. (sorry kinda fuzzy)

a little Brown Ale Homebrew. Cheers!

Last edited:
Dwain;
Those are some FINE lookin' ribs, my man! I have a brand new 14.5" WSM just waiting for the weather to break (it was minus 9, this A.M.:mad:). I want to congratulate you on grilling with all of that bad weather. Me, I'm apparently just a "wuss" as I have six inches of snow and ice to shovel through just to get to my grill. My new smoker is sitting inside the Florida Room just waiting for a warm up. I can hardly wait. They are promising above freezing in a few days. That MAY temp me to hit the "go button". We'll see...

At any rate, I raise a glass to you!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Great looking ribs.

I'm doing my first home brew tomorrow morning. I'm so excited to learn the process and see what I can create.

Any wisdom you wish to pass on? I have a friend helping me who has been brewing and kegging for years. I'm bottling.

Dwain;
Those are some FINE lookin' ribs, my man! I have a brand new 14.5" WSM just waiting for the weather to break (it was minus 9, this A.M.:mad:). I want to congratulate you on grilling with all of that bad weather. Me, I'm apparently just a "wuss" as I have six inches of snow and ice to shovel through just to get to my grill. My new smoker is sitting inside the Florida Room just waiting for a warm up. I can hardly wait. They are promising above freezing in a few days. That MAY temp me to hit the "go button". We'll see...

At any rate, I raise a glass to you!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Make it happen!

Nice looking ribs, what kind of sauce did you paint them with?

I used Sweet Baby Ray's

Any wisdom you wish to pass on? I have a friend helping me who has been brewing and kegging for years. I'm bottling.

I would follow the recipe for the first few brews to ensure you have you processes down and hit your temps/OG/FG. I recommend a yeast starter.

Last edited:
That's a huge deck. More pics this summer please.

Same thing here, everything loses at 32 degrees and 30% precip. Y'all don't want us texans driving near yall on ice or snow. Hehehe

Great looking cook friend.

Don't lift the lid...

Dwain thats a great looking rack of ribs you got going there! Just found out we have a beer brewing and wine making supply store in town, going to go check it out today. Used to make some home brew 20 years ago and really enjoyed it, might try it again.

Back