Weber's new parts pricing...

Chad Bman

TVWBB All-Star
And it ain't for the better... :mad:

Some of you might remember the Summit Gold D I scored for free a few weeks back. I printed out the
ereplacement.com schematic & price list to start the order list. At that time, ereplacement had the flavorizer bars ($120) bottom panel ($43.48) large control knobs ($2.09) small control knobs ($1.69) igniter kit ($66) Appliance Factory had the igniter kit ($49)

Armed with this baseline pricing, I called up Weber. If everything was in the ballpark, I'd order it plus a bunch of other crap. Their pricing went like this - flavorizer bars ($195) bottom panel ($104.90) large & small control knobs ($5) igniter kit ($75.30) To make matters worse, things like little door bushings are now $5 from Weber when ApplianceFactory was $.49 (out of stock) I wanted to order 2 replacement door magnets for my Silver C because they rusted out. Nope, have to order the entire door to get the magnet. I wanted a replacement ash catcher handle for my SS Performers. Not at $9.30 each handle. I'll paint my rusty ones instead.

I ended up placing 3 orders - Grillparts, ApplianceFactoryParts, and Weber. The only reason I placed an order with Weber is because I needed a $5 side burner gas tube for my Silver C I couldn't find at the other sites.

Going back to ereplacement, they also HIKED their prices following Weber. --- Their flavorizer bars went from $120 to $219.32, bottom panel $43.48 to $117.70, control knobs $2.09 & $1.69 to $5.61, igniter kit from $66 to $84.49.

THIS, may have just ended my gasser flipping hobby. Even the freebie Summit I picked up will have quite an investment in parts. :(

Chad and Dwain.... From a post by Chris I saw that Weber was shipping parts/items free for orders placed by Dec. 8th. I have a few kettles and thought this would be a good time to get a couple stainless steel hinged 22.5" grates and called Weber to place an order. I ordered this same grill grate - part no. 3070784 in mid July for $29.99 via their website.

I tried to order on the website again a few days ago and that part no. no longer comes up hence my call to Weber to place the order. I was told that the part is now $60. Yes; that's right. Harumph! I did tell the customer rep that I ordered it less than 6 mos. ago and it was $29.99. To Weber's credit (or more specifically this young lady) she told me she would lower the price to $30.50 on this order - I bought 2 at that price.

Maybe they were losing $ on these parts before. Anyway, I like the SS grill grates more so than nickel plated ones.

Ok; I'm jumping down from my rant box.

I was thinking a bit about this. I think they noticed we liked to repair old grills instead of buying new ones.
I see a train wreck developing.

I just picked up a 1999 Natural Gas Genesis 1000 LX off of CL because our new home has an outside gas bib, but the manifold is frozen solid from sitting out in the elements. I called Weber and inquired about a new manifold. Yep we have it in stock I was told, then I was asked for the serial # well what’s left of the tag after almost 15 years is unreadable. I was told no serial # no part. Called a parts house (Apliance factory parts) and one was shipped to me the same day no questions asked. Sorry Weber but I'm done with you.

Vote with your dollars and email Weber and let them know you won't be buying from them anymore , if possible. That's not a price increase.That's robbery! Are they now owned by an oil company or perhaps the federal government?

Wonder if that is a sign of things to come for the price of grills and smokers? Love my Webers, but I'm not married to them. Weber, can you spell Jambo?

Last edited:

Back