Raise your tongs if you're ready for some winter grilling!

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Warm winter climate members need not reply!:p
I love grilling in the winter, more so than in the heat of summer.
Anyone else?

IMGP7555.JPG

I'm all for it. It feels like its a more involved and special form of cooking. I can't wait for the first huge snow. We havn't had a decent snow in the last few years around me. I've dreamed about moving to Buffalo, NY where I can measure the yearly snowfall in 100's of inches vs my current 15-30 inches.

No, not at all. But, the smell of grilling steak in the neighborhood on a bitterly cold night is a beautiful thing.

I like grilling in the winter also but we get no snow just a little wind chill and temps at 65 or so. :p

Ahhh....winter. My least fav time of year, but only because I hate to drive in this stuff. But there really IS something special about smoking in the snow. ...once you get a path cleared, that is.

This was taken Dec 26th, 2012. I had already been out there trying to keep a path open. :wsm:

i-hNxWPTC-XL.jpg

Ok , Bob. I'm with you in spirit....when the cold gets here ill bundle up and go cook in the garage or out on the patio (if there's no snow). But right now it's still in the low 60's during the day and we're just milking it for all it's worth....

Would be a hoot for us all to revisit this post in a few months... with some action shots during a snow! Bob, that BLUE grill is beautiful contrasted with the white snow!

Whats all that white stuff in your pictures, I used to see it when I lived in NY 20+ yrs ago but it slips my mind down here in NC..LOL I would still be grilling even if we had the white stuff.

When we lived in PA in the Poconos we got over 120 inches of snow per year. In NC wew get a serious snowfall about once every 4 years and it never stops me from grilling.

Ray

Back