Raise your tongs if you're ready for some winter grilling!

It's been in the 30's here the last two mornings, I changed my mind, I hate winter grilling!
Just kidding!

I started this thread in Grilling, since the WSM sets up quick, easy, and needs little tending.
Sit outside with a cold beer and watch it in the summer if you want, or occasionally peek out at it in the winter.

March 24, 2013
IMGP2212-001.JPG

Um, yeah well, guys, I live in L. A.! What the heck is snow? :confused: Seriously, I raise my tongs in salute to you hearty folks! Rock On!!! linda:wsm:

I'm all for it. It feels like its a more involved and special form of cooking. I can't wait for the first huge snow. We havn't had a decent snow in the last few years around me. I've dreamed about moving to Buffalo, NY where I can measure the yearly snowfall in 100's of inches vs my current 15-30 inches.
If it's snow you want, consider Houghton, Michigan instead. The snowfall up there makes Buffalo look like Dwain's photo.;)

Joe V! Love those pictures. But what is up with no cover on that performer :(
Brad you are soooo right lots of snow in Houghton MI!

I raise my $2 tongs and say bring it. I've put up with winter for 71 years now and can put up with it for another 71. Is this sort of like "rase your arms if you're sure"?
Oh by the way Bob, GO RED SOX

Last edited:
I raise my tongs and salute all of you brothers and sisters that still grill when Ol' Man Winter sets his cap in your neighborhood. I grew up in the Chicago area and remember well starting the grill and cooking in freezing weather.... No longer do I have it rough by any stretch of the imagination.

Just a half mile from our place is the coast. Every day is different, but dawn is breaking here in this video which I captured while out on my daily exercise....

dunno Pete, I kinda like the Valencia 2012 06 28, Spain video that popped up after watching yours ;)

oh, and by the way, I HATE winter and snow and cold and everything about it all.

[video=youtube;Iifl_pVoUYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Iifl_pVoUYE[/video]

"oh, and by the way, I HATE winter and snow and cold and everything about it all."

says the guy with the nice and cozy Piggyvilion grilling area. :p

IMG_0578.JPG

We had a few Lake enhanced snow flakes today. Can't wait to use the WSM and Performer in a foot plus of snow...bring it Lake Michigan :)

dunno Pete, I kinda like the Valencia 2012 06 28, Spain video that popped up after watching yours ;)
I was there once. Ya, some nice looking gal threw sand in my face.

Bob the steak I grilled tonight had more fight in it that this Red Bird unit.

Last edited:
Joe V! Love those pictures. But what is up with no cover on that performer :(
Brad you are soooo right lots of snow in Houghton MI!
I know. I don't cover my grills. :confused: And Weber already replaced the table on that one so I really should take better care of it.

I do enjoy grilling in the winter. I'm a sweat hog, I sweat thinking about work. I love the smell of Q in the crisp winter air. I'd rather have 1 libation in the yard, grilling, Q'n whatever than 20 in a bar. I'm an outdoors nut, love it all. I'm glad we get to see the different seasons. This forum has turned me into a BBQ addict! THANK YOU ALL!!

Back