On fire here / Jerk Chicken

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
Southern Oregon is on fire here, we have 5 different fires going the closest is about 40 miles away. Here is a picture of my backyard this spring
IMAG0349_zps19aeb959.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here is a picture of tonight
IMAG0494_zps4576f4f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We could probably just put the meat outside and let it smoke.

Tonight I made a Jamaican Jerk chicken, I made the marinade the previous night and put it on the chicken. Here is a picture as I just put it on the performer.
IMAG04904_zps460485c4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The performer was running at a lid temp of 300 on the indirect side. This is what dinner looked like after an hour on the grill
IMAG0491_zps049270d1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I moved the chicken to the direct side and started the second bake on the twice baked sweet potatoes, thank to the help of my sous chef and sweetheart
IMAG0493_zps8efe8302.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's going to be awhile before I'm roasting this
IMAG0492_zpsb81b1b1b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Chicken has rested, sweet taters are done. Here is your plate served with mango chutney on the side and toasted cocoanut on the sweet taters
IMAG0497_zpsc7a1ed4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I guess you could say this is my grillfest early as I will be travelling this weekend. Thank you for looking and have a great weekend all.

Last edited:
Great lookin' chicken, James. We're headin' down you way this morning; Diamond Lake for the weekend. We've heard it's "hazy" there, too.

Could you be so kind as to share your Jerk recipe? That looks good.

As requested

Puree
1 bunch of scallions
3-4 habanero (I used 4 and it brought the heat)
1 small onion chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (about 2 inches)
Juice of 2 limes
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Recipe calls for 4 hindquarter, I used boneless skinless breasts. I still can't get the ladies in the house to eat chicken off the bone.

Unreal James!
how many of you out there did not notice this:

Not ONLY is there fire in the mountains, but someone took HIS GRILL!

James, that is a BEAUTIFUL dinner plate!

Back