Thermometer for a Go anywhere?

Hi All,

I've upgraded our GA Gas with craycort cast iron grates and some new wood handles.
I'm thinking adding a thermometer whould not only be handy, but would potentialy make our grill the niceest go anywhere gas anound?

Has anyone added one?

I bet a performer thermometer could work...

I guess one thing I'll have to factor in is that I'd prefer it to not interfere with the functionality of the legs in the closed position

so, how do you like yer gaser ? one bit of advice, keep the rust off of the flavorizer plate, clean and oil it regularly. they are not cheap !

so, how do you like yer gaser ? one bit of advice, keep the rust off of the flavorizer plate, clean and oil it regularly. they are not cheap !

I definately like cooking on it. Especialy when it's raining out and I want to grill on something compact on our small covered front porch.

I'm envisioning this grill as perfect for taking to my son's baseball/soccer games and cook hot dogs on it when he gets older. It's just so easy to carry.

As for the flavorizer--I know, I know. That thing is so rust prone, I do the best i can with it.

they are supposed to be porcelain covered. but the job done is so poorly done they start to rust right away. they cost around $18 or so which is kinda disportionate to the cost of the grill. i was so fed up with it i started to look for machines to make my own. but stuff is hard to find and is $$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:
wish they had them in ss. would be worth it.

Hi,

I don't know if he would do it but this guy on ebay makes replacment ss bars for Webers. I will tell you they are excellent much better then Webers, Ive had a set in my silver 2000 for 5 or 6 years and the are still like new. They are thicker and if I remeber right 304 ss vs 400 that weber uses. He is a real nice guy, so maybe if you could round up enough people to order some to make it worth his time he might do it. I don't have a GA anymore, why, because the bars rusted out twice so I bought a Q.

Hope this might help solve your problem with the flavorizer bars

Rich

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_1079wt_1170

Last edited:
yea, i think he limits what he makes. i think that subject came up already. i think cost would be really prohibitive. still i wish i could find some metal shop locally. still keepin my ears open.

I actualy exchanged some messages with RCPlanebuyer over the weekend. He said he doesn't make them a lot because they are more difficult to make than normal flavorizer bars. I'm sure that's because of the louvers in the plate.

He told me that he's made a few for friends and would make me one for $30 plus shipping. He just doesn't list them on ebay because he figures people wouldn't want to spend that on a plate for a grill that doesn't cost much more to start with.

Mine's still in useable condition, so i didn't order one, but i'm definately gonna consider it should mine become unuseable.

thats not a bad price . its just $10 more than the original. i'd pay that. it should last like forever. if you order, get me one.

i have five gassers. two have very weak rusted out baffles. others are still servicable. i found a new one for $12 but i sure would like a ss one. so again if anyone would like to put in an order let michael know.

Back