WSM Smoke Rack

Gary S

TVWBB Guru
Well I've looked at the Smoke EZ smoke rack long enough. I decided to make my own version of the smoke rack for the 18.5 WSM. I'm surprised in a way Weber has not offered an accessory like this for the WSM. I've noticed recently a number of posts about ways to hang meat. Here are the smoke rack dimensions suitable for the 18.5. Base ring 3/8" round bar, 17-1/2" diameter, upper ring, round bar, 3/8", 12" diameter, overall height 7". 1/4" round bar used for connecting the two circles.

IMG_0001-2_zpsfc822c29.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0002_zpsb15d469e.jpg
[/IMG]

The secret to making a rack like this is to find a metal worker with the dies to bend round bar or round stock to the correct dimesions. Beyond that, it's just a matter of welding the components together.
IMG_0006_zps384580f0.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice, now, let's see it put to use.....................c

Well David, gotta catch some fish first and we have a small problem up here, it's called "ice" on the water, something you folks might only be used to putting in your drinks! Anyhow may just have to try a rack or two of ribs:wsm:

Thanks for the comments guys. When I was putting this together I could not help but think a rack like this would be better suited to the 22 given the extra length.
Dave Russell has commented and I remember thinking the same thing when I had my 22 that you could easily lengthen the grill straps to add another rack. In this case you could, depending on what heat sink you are using, if any, gain some extra distance for hanging or maybe use no water pan or heat sink at all and keep the fire low.
Now for PeterZ length will not be a problem:cool:

I'm sure this method will have its own challenges.

Well David, gotta catch some fish first and we have a small problem up here, it's called "ice" on the water, something you folks might only be used to putting in your drinks! Anyhow may just have to try a rack or two of ribs:wsm:

Ice, don't you guys just cut a big hole and fish-away?:cool: I need to get out fishing myself, April - May are the go to months around these parts for certain species...........................d

Thanks for the comments guys. When I was putting this together I could not help but think a rack like this would be better suited to the 22 given the extra length.
Dave Russell has commented and I remember thinking the same thing when I had my 22 that you could easily lengthen the grill straps to add another rack. In this case you could, depending on what heat sink you are using, if any, gain some extra distance for hanging or maybe use no water pan or heat sink at all and keep the fire low.
Now for PeterZ length will not be a problem:cool:

I'm sure this method will have its own challenges.

What, you mean that PeterZ doesn't have a rack made yet for hanging ribs over his water pan? :confused: What's he waitin' for? It sure ain't sunny weather! :rolleyes:

Back