Chicken and Shrimp Speidini

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Chicken and Shrimp Spiedini

With all the great Chicken Spiedini cooks posted lately I decided it was turn to give it a shot.
Chicken was marinated in zesty Italian dressing. Mixed the panko bread crumbs with lemon pepper
and shredded Parmesan cheese. Butter and olive oil prepared to dip the chicken in.
DSC_7919.jpg

I also was following Bob Correll’s last post where he used his roti basket. Decided I too would do this
since I didn’t feel like rolling and skewering. Chicken onto the OTG with 2 baskets of coals underneath.
I used 2 chunks of pecan wood to keep the sides from falling.
DSC_7923.jpg

Chicken was flipped.
DSC_7924.jpg

I had a lot of coating and butter mixture left, so decided to do some shrimp to go along with dinner.
Same routine as with the chicken, except no marinade. Put on skewers and waiting their turn for the grill.
DSC_7928.jpg

Chicken off at 160 internal.
DSC_7929.jpg

Shrimp onto the grill.
DSC_7930.jpg

Shrimp done.
DSC_7934.jpg

Had some asparagus that my wife had blanched and frozen. So thawed them and threw them onto the grill.
DSC_7936.jpg

Asparagus done.
DSC_7938.jpg

Plated with packaged fettuccine with bacon and Parmesan sauce. Forgot the garlic bread..oops!
DSC_7940.jpg

Absolutely a sensational meal! I now see why chicken cooked this way is so phenomenal. The shrimp
was also better than any we have cooked or eaten before. If you haven’t tried the chicken or the
shrimp this way, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Back