Basket Case Spiedini

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Hot here, still, it hit 101, again.
Didn't want to mess around tending this cook, so I put the chicken in a roti basket and set it on the flip-ups.

Breast strips marinated in Italian dressing, and rolled in a mix of Panko crumbs and Parm cheese.
IMGP1966.JPG

Wood to keep the flips from flopping.
IMGP1969.JPG

Flipped flopped the basket.
IMGP1972.JPG

Then a little direct.
IMGP1976.JPG

Got to have garlic bread too.
IMGP1980.JPG

Served with a side of pasta made from a package.
A mix of melted butter, evoo, garlic, & lemon juice spooned over the chicken.
IMGP1987.JPG

IMGP1989.JPG

Spiedini tastes great, no matter how you slice and grill it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
That chicken looks perfect Bob! Great improv to stay in the air conditioning. St. Louis 101 is hotter than most other place's 101.

Superb cooking Bob! Picked the ingredients today and will make an attempt to replicate your fantastic Spiedini in a few days.

I applaud you for cooking such an amazing meal in that miserable heat. I know it's been a toss up for us when it's been high 90s: do we light the stove or cook something on the grill and watch it from the living room?

Great looking chicken and sides, Bob! My wife saw the pics and said we have to try this.

Every one of your posts look great.
I have a basket like yours. The side tabs bend out when you try to mount it on the rod.I fixed that by adding to small hose clamps at both ends.
I know this time you did not use the rod, but if you ever do,the hose clamps work. I use it for when we do chicken legs and thighs.

Thanks for posting Bob.

Chuck.

Back