Larry Wolfe's "Best Recipe"

Rooster, here are the only quotes connected to Larry's name in my computer. I probably have more without his name. Perhaps these 2 posts might help you?

Larry Wolfe, February 08, 2006 – If you wanna "pull" the beef, get chuck roasts. Cook unfoiled till internal temp is approximately 160–65*, foil and continue to cook until you get an internal temp close to 210*.

Larry Wolfe, February 26, 2007 – You can't go by temp or time alone for chuck roasts. The fork twist test is the guaranted way to tell when they are done.
When I cook a chuck roast or roll, I cook in the smoke to an internal temp of 160–165°F then foil and continue to cook to 200°F. At that point I start doing the fork test, when it twists with ease it's about done. In my opinion chucks need a long, long rest in a dry cooler to finish up the tenderizing and juice redistribution process. I generally let an average 3–5-pound roast rest 2–3 hours, and larger roasts around 4 hours. This will give you a very moist, very tender product when it's time to shred.

Also, here is the advanced search I did for Larry Wolfe - 11 items. Hopefullly one of them is the thread that you were thinking of:

[B]http://tvwbb.com/search.php?searchid=2631[/B]

Good luck!

Last edited:
Bob and Rita, thanks for your replies - Bob, I'm pretty sure the post you provided is the recipe I was looking for, since the photo included in Jim (Lampe's) July 10 post - Larry Wolfe's Best Recipe (revisited), located in the Photo Gallery section - appears to contain all the ingredients...man that thing looks good, it's gonna be on my table this weekend, hopefully!

Back