WTB Valves for Genesis Platinum

I would like to comment that there are some concerns about this assertion that NG and LP valves are in fact the same, and for anyone reading this, assuming that they are the same might be very dangerous not only to your grill but also to your personal safety. You proceed under this assumption at your own risk.
Amen! I know for a fact that in most cases they are not. I've checked them side by side. While they may look alike they in about 90% cases not.
I've been running this modified set for 5 years without any issue, but I respect and appreciate the need for safe operation.

Just for giggles, I did a quick search for the manifold again (having had given up) and just got a full assembly of the 60142 for a steal from a NOS vendor.

So. this thread can be closed. Appreciate all the help and at the end of the day ended up with the best possible solution.

Last edited:
I think then, the best solution is to keep your eyes out for a Silver/Gold Genesis that was a NG grill to start with and is now being sold really cheap or free. Then just grab the manifold off it and you have a nice inexpensive and legit solution. That is what I am going to do with my grill when I finally get converted over to NG. Just keep your eyes open. One will pop up on the sale sites.

I think then, the best solution is to keep your eyes out for a Silver/Gold Genesis that was a NG grill to start with and is now being sold really cheap or free. Then just grab the manifold off it and you have a nice inexpensive and legit solution. That is what I am going to do with my grill when I finally get converted over to NG. Just keep your eyes open. One will pop up on the sale sites.
I edited my post. I actually just found a set new old stock 61042 online and its on the way.

Always appreciate this forum.

Brandon....that is great. Would you care to post a link in case someone else needs one. Or was it a single item?

Back