Wicked Good Gold

Brad H.

TVWBB Fan
Ok...

I have two well stored, large bags of the old school Competition Blend Wicked Good Charcoal...for those of you who've been around the past few years you know this stuff was almost perfection until it was discontinued due to a lack of source for the wood...unsurpassed burn time...(like - forever - you could do butts, ribs, chicken - a cookout - all on one load)...and incredibly low ash...the downside??...it was an absolute bugger to get lit...but when you did...
icon_biggrin.gif
...nirvana...

It's time to use up the bags this summer...any suggestions on how to get this stuff going/lit?? Flamethrower??

I still have some Kamado that people said was hard to light. Since I do minion, I just used some briquettes in the chimney, got them fully going and put them on the charcoal in the ring. I can't imagine Wicked Good wouldn't start with 10-20 lit briquettes placed in the middle of the charcoal pile.

Funny, I'm in the exact situation, though with just one bag. I've been saving it for a "special occasion" for 2 years. Not sure what that would be though.
icon_biggrin.gif
I oughta just use it.

I never had a problem getting it to light. If you have a side burner on a gasser, a turkey fryer burner, a Coleman gas stove, propane torch, and weed burner as mentioned above all will do the trick. I just used the last of mine up on Friday.
icon_frown.gif

Back