Which Weber grills are at your Ace Hardware?

Steve-G

TVWBB Fan
I've seen the same type of comments pop up on a couple of different threads, saying that the Weber footprint at Ace Hardware stores isn't as substantial as they used to be, with some people saying that the new Searwood isn't available at their brick & mortar stores. I was at my Ace today picking up paint, and I was surprised at how many they had in stock, including both sizes of the Searwood, the new Slate griddle (along with two sizes of last year's griddle), at least one Lumin on a stand, and the new porcelain Summit. Plus, they had all of the usual Genesis, Spirits, kettles, etc. It would definitely be one of my first stops if I was looking for a new Weber.

1714275328000.png
1714275348828.png

I was pretty impressed with the build quality on the Searwood (as many others have mentioned). The flame diffuser that goes over the burn pot is really robust, and I can see why these grills have a pretty even heat dispersion. I can also see why the right and left edges are a bit hotter than the rest of the grate based on the design. If I was shopping for one, I'd definitely get the XL. I'm not sure if I could fit a 3-pack of Costco baby back ribs on the smaller one. :)

One of our three local Ace’s carries an extensive Weber selection. The other two are mainly Traeger focused.

Each Ace is individually owned so they buy what they can sell.

Our largest dealer is Emigh Hardware and I’ve bought all my Webers from them over the years. And they deliver too and are incredibly kind people. That’s why they earn my business.

All the hardware stores are pretty much gone now. As for ACE or True Value I think there MIGHT be one left in the region. But, we have multiple Lowes and HD, and a less "national" chain called Menards.

That's too bad. Even though we've got a ton of Menard's, Home Depots, and Lowes up here in the Milwaukee area, the Ace Hardware stores still seem to be thriving, at least the bigger ones. I've got two Elliott's Ace stores within 12 minutes of my house, and they are amazing.

Several Ace Hardware stores within a 10 mile radius. The closest one carries and displays only Weber gas grills including the new Summit.
Zero Weber pellet grills. In fact, Weber gas grills occupy the majority of their display floor space for outdoor cooking. They have 3-4 Traegers on display and just added RecTec to their mix. They also carry and display two BGEs but stock all of the BGE accessories. One can order any Weber product through them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am pretty sure within a 35 mile radius of my house there MIGHT be 3 (name brand) Hardware stores but and least 8 Big Box type hardware i.e. Lowes, HD, Menards ie home centers as their called

Back