Where to buy wood

Rob L

TVWBB Member
I live outside Philly, in Cherry Hill, NJ... Where can I find wood other than Hickory or Mesquite? Is there a chain store, small store or internet store some recommends? Thanks.

Go talk to the people at your local orchard/farm. Most of them are glad to either give away their trimmings or sell them at a very modest price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russ Hazzon:
Go talk to the people at your local orchard/farm. Most of them are glad to either give away their trimmings or sell them at a very modest price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah that will work for next years wood, but if you need some now go with peoples wood. I just placed an order with them a couple of weeks ago and very happy with the quality of their wood.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Soli:
Cabelas has always worked for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
On Backorder

Rob,

Glad to see another SJ smoker on the boards. Finding a wood source in our area is not that difficult. Go to any orchard in your area, they are an excellent sourcea of fruit wood. Between yearly tree trimmings or tree replacement the supply is endless.

I have a local apple orchard that sells split apple wood for $45.00 for this huge wooden crate. The same crate they use in the fields to place picked apples. Way too much wood for me to use, probably enough apple wood in those crates for about 5 years of smoking. Maybe we should buy it and spilt it.

Vic

Back