Where do you buy your smoke wood?

I have been buying it from the Charcoal Store, and I am happy with their products. However,shipping charges cost almost as much as the wood does.

Many of you have said some great things about Smokinlicious, so I checked their web site recently. Much to my surprise I found that they are located about one hour away from me in Olean, New York. Well, I think a road trip to Olean is in order, and it's a easy and very scenic drive. I can go down once or twice a year, and then I should be good to go.

Anyone from the Buffalo area is welcome to come with me. I am sure we would have a lot to talk about.

Gary McD - I didn't realize Smokinlicious is in Olean. I have a client in Olean but i won't be back out there til September, unfortunately. I've had some success with apple orchards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Hunter:
I stopped by "The Woodshed" today, I needed some wood for this weekend.

They are very reasonable and have nice selection of cooking woods.

I purchased two large bags, one of Oak, and one Apple. The Oak was 24 pounds and the Apple was 22 pounds. Each bag was $24.00.
I know for you fellas that can walk into your back yard and chop down a tree this might seem expensive. But us city folk aint got much choice.
icon_wink.gif

Anyway the wood still needs to be chopped up for use in the WSM , but that alright because then I get the chunk sizes I want.

Here are some pics

Also they were very nice people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad you found them helpful. If you have acess to a band saw that's what I use to cut them down to size
icon_smile.gif

Back