When the AirBNB gives you lemons…grill tri-tip

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Visited Scottsdale for some SF Giants Spring Training games last weekend. Had a house for a few nights and we decided to eat in on our last evening.
The BBQ situation was not pretty!

IMG_5266.jpeg

The Dyna-Glo was in very bad shape IMG_5255.jpeg

Did a very simple rub on some tri-tip steaks as the spice cabinet was not what I am used to!😬IMG_5258.jpeg

It all came together fine but the smoke from the cooker was pretty noticeable 🥴IMG_5260.jpeg

IMG_5261.jpeg

IMG_5262.jpeg

IMG_5264.jpeg

The pool was good as was the baseball! Cheers!IMG_5228.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They do a great job out here at all the spring training facilties-clean, modern etc. I am closest to Surprise Stadium, the home of the World Champ Rangers as well as Royals. Peoria also close housing the Padres and Mariners. Season over already and onto season openers, where these teams will be treated to weather shock at their home facilities!

They do a great job out here at all the spring training facilties-clean, modern etc. I am closest to Surprise Stadium, the home of the World Champ Rangers as well as Royals. Peoria also close housing the Padres and Mariners. Season over already and onto season openers, where these teams will be treated to weather shock at their home facilities!
I was able to visit Talking Stick for the first time on this trip...wow...what a facility!
I started going to Spring Training in 1989 while I was in college. Beers were a $1 and tickets were cheap to sit on wooden bleachers! And Kevin Mitchell and those Humm Baby Giants put on a show!

Opening day today for a team that will see some wear long-underwear.

Baseball has change since I was a follower.

We were just down there last week as well. Went to the Cubs/Giants on Friday. First time there and had a great time. Nice stadium. Old Town Scottsdale was fun.

I have a set of GrillGrates that I got, cheap, from a member here. I bought a carry case from GrillGrates and take them with us when we stay at places with grills. The carry case is pretty small and holds a set of grates, tongs, insta-read thermometer & mitts. I use them when we take road trips and stay at places with grills. We rent a cabin every year...the gas grill is crap and the GrillGrates are a game-changer.

Great meal Richard, everything looks wonderful. I do agree with Karl, that grill needs LOTS of work!:(

Back