What could I build with these spare parts?

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
Due to several different things I currently have a bunch of random Weber parts.

1 18" WSM Charcoal bowl with a dented lip. No legs, has 3 dampers.

1 18" WSM Charcoal bowl with a dent in the side. No legs, has 3 dampers.

1 22" WSM Middle section. I have grill straps, no door.

1 26" Kettle charcoal bowl. No ash sweeper or plastic handle.

None of these parts are in perfect shape (That's why they are extra) but I am sure there is something to be made out of them.

Let me know what you can come up with. Thanks!

[EDIT: Changed topic name]

How about a cascading water feature for your grill area?
icon_smile.gif

Maybe the 22 WSM mid-section could be used for a windbreak for the '02 WSM somehow.

The charcoal bowls used for planters, maybe drill some holes and make hanging planters.

Use the 18.5 charcoal bowl as a lid for high heat cooks on your 02 WSM.
That 26" charcoal bowl, could make a decent rotiss ring or raised pizza ring if you cut the bottom out and set it into one of your performers.
The 22.5" mid section could also be a stacker on one of your performers.
Planters? really....
icon_biggrin.gif

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:

Planters? really....
icon_biggrin.gif

Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sense jealousy because some didn't think of it first....
icon_razz.gif

Maybe I should have been more specific...planters for jalapenos for ABT's.

Liking the ideas so far.

Tim, I am adding dampers to both my 18 & 22 lids for HH, easier than adding a handle to the CC Bowl.

I am also thinking some sort of fire pit with the 26" bowl. I could put the 22" section inside it for some wood fired foods.

If I got a leg kit for the 18" bowl I could have a 30+ hour cooker, just have it setup for a MM and move the top 2/3 over when the coals went out.

Keep them coming!

I like Jacks idea on that wind break. That could be doable with a copula spacers underneath.
icon_cool.gif

Tim

I had the old 22" middle sitting out last night w/o the door. I am thinking of building some sort of firepit with the 26" bowl and the middle section. The huge door opening would let out some heat. Just got to figure out a mounting system for the bowl,

Back