What can you cook together, for a party?

Guys, you all must have plenty of experience on cooking for a crowd, offering lots of different meats and sides.

What have people successfully cooked along side each other on a single 47/18.5, having most things ready at the same time or within say a 1-2 hour time frame for a party? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

If the feast will go through stages, I most often use the indirect method and will start with some kind of finger food, stuffed mushroom caps, bacon wrapped onion rings take a fair amount of space but, are great! Asparagus is an easy treat, sweet potatoes, corn, carrots, roasted potatoes. Chicken, whole, split, quartered, or pieces, might be more product than will comfortably fit in your grill, a nice piece of pork loin is a compact protein which would share space with potatoes for a longer cook. One morning you will wake up and the curtain will part and ideas will come to you like sunshine!
Have a lovely day.
Nice acronym BTW

Top ideas... thanks for that.

I think I was hoping to do something like a brisket, Short ribs or pork ribs.... have them "ready" for the get together and then finish off with something like you suggested.
Sweet potatoes and corn sounds like a top idea. I guess I "could" fire up the gasser I have for things like asparagus, bacon wrapped onion rings and Carrots. :blackgenesis:

That acronym is one I end up using a lot. As I buy what I need and learn as I go. :cool:

For larger gatherings at the house, I ALWAYS make PSB and wings the day before, and heat them up in the oven the day of. That leaves me to do ribs/pork butt the day of, and like you said, you could fire up the gasser for the sides.

Pork butts and (pork) ribs! You can cook a couple of butts the day before and pull them. Put in the fridge and then heat up the meat on the grill in the oven on day of the event. Since the ribs are relatively quick cooking, I time those to come off the smoker for just after people arrive.

For my sons graduation I did 4 pork butts (overnight smoke) 2 days before, pulled and put in the fridge and warmed up in the oven day of. I also did 8 or 9 racks of ribs the day before and then reheated them and sauced them on the gasser for apps. The day of I did chicken wings on the smoker for apps with the ribs then Meatloaf to go with the pulled pork for dinner. We had scraps for left overs. Oh I also did roadside chicken on the gasser. No way was I going to try and do everything in one day or over night. This left room for any issue that cropped up

All top top ideas here gents.

I think that a planned pre-attack is the way to go. Cook for a few days before and then not only are you prepared ut I guess you can heat up what it needed as you go and there is less waste.

With the pulled pork, as have been vac-packing it so we can boil in the bag when we need too and not loose any flavour/moisture.

But... how would you cool/store/re-heat ribs? Cook them for less time?

Back