Welded on LavaLack Door (in progress)

Ben Thompson

Hi all!

I've been lurkin' for a while, this is my first time posting. I'm a long time Weber Kettle smoker and the wife got me a smokey mountain for Christmas.

I ran it exactly once completely stock and decided to start modding it! I ordered a LavaLock door but rather than bolt/silicone it on I decided to weld it.

Still needs paint but I believe its going to be a great mod.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 54
Hi all!

I've been lurkin' for a while, this is my first time posting. I'm a long time Weber Kettle smoker and the wife got me a smokey mountain for Christmas.

I ran it exactly once completely stock and decided to start modding it! I ordered a LavaLock door but rather than bolt/silicone it on I decided to weld it.

Still needs paint but I believe its going to be a great mod.
Fairly thin metal to try and weld, and I honestly don't want to know how you stripped off enamel to try and weld it.

Welcome to the Forum Ben. If I remember right, you share the name of a character in one of my favorite Louis L'Amour books. 👋

Nice. My 18 can run 30 hrs on single load of charcoal using atc and blower. ..and i dont use water...so.. door isnt really even needed. In fact opening it throws temperatures off , make it spike high. so you really should never open it

Back