Weber Gourmet BQ System

Whoo hooo, got one on the way myself. Might even pick up a second one for my OTS. Can't wait to see how it works in the Performer.

When you remove the grate to start the coals, do you need to remove the center and outer portions separately, or does the center portion lock in place somehow?

Just wondering how many parts you need to manage. I like the idea of the CI inser; I'm just wondering about the logistics of use.

Thanks!

When you remove the grate to start the coals, do you need to remove the center and outer portions separately, or does the center portion lock in place somehow?

Just wondering how many parts you need to manage. I like the idea of the CI inser; I'm just wondering about the logistics of use.

Thanks!

Center piece just lifts out.

Looky at what the postman delivered today...

The box.
hurqkj.jpg

With standard grate insert
f9l8w7.jpg

With cast iron insert
21174ls.jpg

Showing thickness of the grates using a standard round pencil for scale.
10gxjja.jpg

This thing is awesome already and I haven't even cooked on it yet. The grate itself is much much heavier/thicker than a standard grate!!

No doubt about it, if you have extras, I'll take another. Again, don't make a special trip just for me. But if you happen to be in that area.... :p :p :p :p :p

Back