tri-tip? my new favorite!!!!!!!!

James Payne

TVWBB Member
After seeing all the awesome pictures of tri-tip here, I went down to my local butcher and found one. It was only 1.87lbs, rather small, but it had to do as that was the biggest they had! The butcher told me I could order bigger ones, just call well in advance. Maybe I will try that next time.

Rubbed it in salt, pepper, garlic, onion, yadda yadda yadda and then threw it on the WSM @ 250deg

1AMepdWh.jpg

I did not get a picture of it on the smoker, I was wayyy too busy. Until I got my smoker 2 months ago, I never cooked before :) I was busy making mashed potatoes and green beans. I'm getting the hang of this! :cool:

xYBlWuKh.jpg

And a little closer picture of the meat

hG5CAUMh.jpg

The 1.87lb tri-tip ended up feeding my family of 4. Very full bellies but no leftovers!

Thank you all for steering me to this lovely cut of meat. It has to be, bar none, some of the best stuff I've ever tasted!!!!!! I can't wait until I can do it again, I am sure it will be even better with the added experience!!!!!

Great looking meal. Love the pinkness. Tri-Tip is excellent tasting; it's ironic for how little it costs compared to rib eye, NY, etc

Nice looking Tri-tip James. The wife and i are putting one on tomorrow with some friends for the Dallas/NYG game.

That's a beautiful story James. I live happy endings! I've yet to get my hands on a tri. soon!

Looks really good. I think my first tri is in my future soon also. Hopefully it will be as successful as yours.

From one James to another....nicely done James! Hard to believe that you got your WSM only two months ago!

Back