Today's cook-6 bone in pork shoulders

John Wheeler

TVWBB Pro
Needed some pulled pork for the house and decided to branch out and ask people at work if anybody wanted any. 25 lbs of orders later and you get this...

Made entirely too much of Chris Lilly's 6x rub! Lol

First three injected and rubbed, on the bottom.

Next three followed suit.

So far so good. Post more later. Thx

I've done 8 like that once before. It was a ton of work, but a lot of fun once it was over. I felt like I was pulling pork for hours. lol
Now that's getting your $$$ worth from a bag of charcoal. Nice looking cook and I'm sure you'll be a hit.

Here's six hours in

Was supposed to have my 733 yesterday, but a goof with processing didn't allow that. I resurrected my ET-7 and it seems to be working. Had to reset a couple times, meh...

Got a late start and didn't make my rub last night like I should've. Then I ran out of garlic salt. Plus cold meat stalled the cooker, so that was forever coming to temp! Things are all stable now. Running at 290F right now to speed things along. Bark needs to set a bit more, then I might foil depending on internal temps. My dome temp is reading abnormally far off from my guru today as well. Ill cheat em finished in the "0>€N" if I have to. Keep you posted...

John. Dang. Now that's a pitload of love. Impressive. Hey Rog, swing by texas and pick me up.... Better make it 3am.

Don't lift the lid...

Nice!
Looks like you maybe doing this more often once everyone knows you make great pulled pork.

I think you've gotten all you can get out of that WSM! Seriously awesome pictures, and what a blast.

Due to time constraints, I had to pull them, foil them, and use that square thing in the house �� I also wanted to eat it tonight! Lol. Still gonna have a ton to pull!

I brought in a five pound brick of it to work after New Years as my gift to my coworkers. As planned, the good old "first one's free" Jedi mind trick still works! I already have orders for my meatloaf after this. Anyways... I hit the pork some hickory and mesquite from the start. Rubbed and injected with Chris Lilly's 6X championship rub and injection. I think all in all I'm safe. I just hate that I had to use the ----! Ill post pulled and plated pics when done. Thanks for all the kind words and for looking.

Back