Thrift Store Find

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Was doing some thrift shopping with the family yesterday and came across this guy for $35!!!! I grabbed it up, I was not leaving without it. Waring double waffle iron!
IMG_20240509_183841.jpg

So breakfast for dinner tonight!
Here is one of the earlier waffles of the night. They got better as they went. The last waffle I pulled was the best waffle I have ever made!
IMG_20240509_173534.jpg

Waffles are one of my oldest daughters favorite foods in the world. I few years ago we moved out of our long term rental and move in with family while we got our finances right, house hunted, and moved into to our first house. We put a lot of our stuff in a storage unit for those 10 months including the waffle iron. The waffle iron was nearly unreachable in the storage unit. She missed homemade waffles so much.
As soon as we bought our home and started to move stuff around in the storage unit I got the waffle iron out. That was on a Friday, so when I went to pick her up from school I just placed it on the front seat. She went crazy with joy seeing it. She shared her joy with all her friends, they just didn't seem to understand her uncontrollably joy. We had waffles for dinner that day and again for Saturday morning breakfast. We have not been without an iron since.
Then last night my son said, "I have never really understood waffles, pancakes are better, but with these I kinda get it."

i have been looking for one of these thrift store finds, as i like waffles i just do not eat every week so hard to full price for a counter bandit

They say that is what inspired the ice cream cone so tweaking in an ice cream cone recipe would be sweet.
The wife makes crepes and has them near a fruit tray and they are a huge hit.
I think one of them waffle irons could get pretty interesting.

Waring makes good stuff! I have a commercial Waring blender from the 80s that is till running like brand new. If it's good enough for Linda Rondstadt, it's good enough for me.

I think that they used to build American products to last so much better than what is currently available today.
Our beach house was built in the mid 70’s and still has a decent portion of the original appliances and they are still kicking strong for the last 50 or so years
I had to replace the oven and the fridge this last couple years but most everything else like the heaters, dishwasher, washer and dryer seem indestructible so I’m in no big hurry to get rid of them.
The appliances in our other house seem to only last 4-5 years if that.
I think the washing machine and it’s “one of a kind stand” is the worst thing I own.
It’s seriously like a $1,000 bill that I have to keep paying every 4-5 years
I’m now going try to find me one of them Waring waffle irons before they disappear.

Back