This is not BBQ or Grilling but it will help you sober up quick...

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I apologize but nothing was done on the weber. It's a dish that is good and something different. Its called aguachiles. Maribel makes this often and its delicious!!! Here is what she did....
2 pounds shrimp peeled and cleaned. Seasoned with black pepper,garlic salt and onion powder.
1372654205.jpg

Then a whole onion is chopped and mixed in.
1372654212.jpg

Then chop 6 jalepenos,get the juice of 8 limes and 2 garlic cloves and put in the blender and purée.
1372654218.jpg

1372654219.jpg

1372654222.jpg

Pour over your shrimp and let them get happy in the fridge for about 1 hour 30 min
1372654165.jpg

While we are waiting we are watching bbq pitmasters. Drinking a corona light with a clamato with hot sauce and black pepper. I know it a weird Mexican thing.
1372654178.jpg

When your ready to serve cut up some cucumber and remove the "seeds". Maribel says it stays crisper longer...
1372654172.jpg

Put your aguachiles in a tostada with avocado and cucumbers and enjoy.
1372654184.jpg

The other option is you add ketchup on top.
1372654185.jpg

Both ways are good. I hope you guys like this and try it sometime.
I almost forgot you can add mayo to the tostada also.

Thanks for looking my bbq and grilling friends.
-Tony and Maribel.

Last edited:
Tony... for an instant, thought you were going to do some menudo. Thankfully not ;)

Excellent !!! Just the right dish for these 'warm' days !

We will try this one. Ceviche is one of my favorite dishes.
(we've driven out of our way to find good ceviche, mainly Peruvian style)

Bob

Last edited:
Ceviche is exactly what I was thinking when I say the limes and shrimp. Looks great! Skip the clamato for me though.

Looks great! Up here in da burgh and surrounding areas , my. Family drinks coors light with v8 juice and a bunch of olives thrown into the mug...

The LAST thing I want to do is sober up. :D But I may have to try this anyway. Looks great Tony.

Can I come to your house and eat just for a week? hahah Just kidding. The beer and Clamato thing is a Canadian thing also. It used to be tough to find clam in the states but I can find it fairly easily now.

Back