Thermoworks TX-1001X-OP food probe

Just clip the alligator clip around the braid of all the probes at the same time, to ground on the other end, all grounds are the same. The rPi LAN port case will work or any of the probes.

I have soldered a wire from the plug to the braid, the thing is, the braid doesn't take solder very well at all.

Why not cut the plugs from the probes and solder new plugs on with the braid connected to the ground? Yes, this is more work but a lot tidier.

It is possible that the type of power supply makes a difference. I've also tried isolating the probe grounds using ferrite beads and/or inductors without much luck. I even bought a different 12V supply (one that mentioned HeaterMeter on Amazon!) but there was no change. It still does it even when on my bench power supply.

EDIT: You can filter some of it out using an RC filter but there's just not enough room to fit 8 more components onto the HeaterMeter board.

Can you describe what's necessary to make RC filters for those of us who may want to retrofit our heatermeters?

Can you describe what's necessary to make RC filters for those of us who may want to retrofit our heatermeters?

An RC filter is just a resistor and a capacitor, which is no big deal, but I believe you would have to cut the trace from the probe and insert the resistor and capacitor which might be a PITA....

Yeah it is just
Code:
To Probe jack ---\/\/\/\/\---+---- To ADC pin
                    100k     |
                            0.1u
                             |
                           ----- Gnd
However it needs to be inserted between the resistor and the ATmega and they're crammed right together so it would be tough to cut the trace

Back