Thermometer issue

Darryl Z

Hey everyone,

Has anybody been having trouble with the durability of the thermometer in the lid? I think this is the third one to go bad. I always keep my smoker covered and even used a high heat sealer around the base on the last one. Yesterday it wasn't working and it's less than a year old. Hope it's still under warranty!

I don't rely on the lid thermometer, I use a digital therm from Thermoworks for temps at the grate and on long cooks I use the Pitmaster IQUE 110 for temperature control.
You can remove the lid therm and test it using the ice water and boiling water tests. I have no idea what the warranty on one would be (I doubt it's one year, BUT Weber has great customer
service, they may just send you one. Good Luck!

Thanks Bruce,
I mainly use it for a quick glance of any temp swings. And Weber is sending me another free of charge. Great customer service

I'm sure Weber will cover it, the dial thermometer aka coil, break every now and then, but for the most part they're great once you figure out how yours reports compared to actual. They've consistent once you know their range

Back