The Adapt-a-Damper - Open Source Project

Is anyone selling these? Looks like they're sold out on the HeaterMeter store. My Roto Damper 3 had a good run (7 years) but it just broke. So now I have a Delta fan and an MG90S servo looking for a home.

Is anyone selling these? Looks like they're sold out on the HeaterMeter store. My Roto Damper 3 had a good run (7 years) but it just broke. So now I have a Delta fan and an MG90S servo looking for a home.
You can get the files off of thingverse and have them printed. There are places online that will do it for a nominal fee if you don't have a printer, and most public libraries do it as well for a fee
You just might have to wait a week or two to get it

This is a probably a stupid question, but I've been searching and unable to find an answer. How are y'all connecting adaptors to the rectangular discharge on the Adapt-A-Damper? Is it designed to just be a slip fit, or should it be glued to secure it well? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I'm guessing the project is dead? HeaterMeter website doesn't seem to exist but I can find the files in github. No posts here for a couple of months.?
Is the software still being kept up?

I'm guessing the project is dead? HeaterMeter website doesn't seem to exist but I can find the files in github. No posts here for a couple of months.?
Is the software still being kept up?
As someone who has not been keeping up on the status, I don’t want to attempt to answer all of your questions. But, I will say that I am still using mine and I am not sure the heatermeter needs any updates. I believe everything you need is open source and available. Just build it.

Just a heads up. Unless there is a very large demand in the next few months, I will not be supporting the Adapt-a-Damper any further. It seams that most of the builders have faded away here on the site. It's been a great run, and thank you all for your support. A special thanks goes out to Capn Bry who endeavored to bring this to the public, and all the builders/sharers (Even you, Ralph) who made this open source project a great thing.

Thanks for your contribution WBegg. Still using the aluma-damper weekly. Built another one as a backup (maybe a secondary BGE in the future) as well.

Thanks for your contribution WBegg. Still using the aluma-damper weekly. Built another one as a backup (maybe a secondary BGE in the future) as well.
I would like an aluminum version as well.. But I don't have access to the resources needed for it... Are you willing to sell one? ;-)

Back