Teen Bash Pork Loins

Marc B

TVWBB Fan
Challenge was to provide a BBQ for our church teen bash with the huge pork loins that my brother had donated.

Made my Cherry Chipotle BBQ sauce the night before so that it could have at least one day to blend and do its good stuff.

IMAG0301.jpg

Cut the 4 huge loins in half to cut the time and also better fit on the 22.5 WSM. Injected them with my marinade and also gave them a nice rub down

IMAG0307.jpg

Added some apple wood, kept it around 250 and took them off right at 140 internal after about 2.5 hours. Wanted to keep them moist, since they would continue to cook a bit once I wrapped them and headed out.
Came out with a pretty nice coat.

IMAG0308-1.jpg

Also made some fresh cole slaw and baked some calico beans. Made enough for 80-100 teens.
The pork had a real nice smoke to it and stayed juicy the whole way through, which I was really hoping for.

IMAG0309.jpg

Becky, it was actually 4 huge loins probably close to 8-10 lbs which I cut in half so 8 big chunks.
It was plenty, thin sliced it & topped it with the cherry chipotle bbq sauce on a bun.

Calico beans are awesome, always a potluck favorite.
It's a mix of Bush's baked beans, kidney beans, butter beans & black beans. I mix it with lots of crispy bacon, onions, catsup, bbq sauce, brown sugar and vinegar.
Bake it all together for 3 hours and then watch it get gobbled up.

Back