Super Dogs with chow chow relish

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
Here's an easy one, but it tasted good.
Picked up some sweet potatoes at the farmer's market. Steamed (microwaved) and then grilled for Grilled Sweet Potato Salad. Yup, I've posted it before, but it's worth it.
photo1_2_zpsd8776c1b.jpg

Got the local dogs at the market too.
photo1_zpsca3c79c4.jpg

I had a hunch that they were a bit lean, so took it easy on the grilling so as not to dry them out. Good call there. Tasty too.
photo2_zps68ec79ed.jpg

Sweet potato salad as good as ever.
photo4_zps3ded0473.jpg

A couple dogs for you, with homemade chow chow relish, pickle, pickled jalapeno, horseradish mustard in a top-loader. Tastes like summer, or at least spring!

DSC_0354_zps2d5db4d0.jpg

Thanks for looking. I highly recommend the chow chow. Easy to make and stores in the refrigerator. No need to go to the trouble of canning it. It won't last that long anyway!

I think everyone got a little taste of spring this weekend and went dog crazy - Thanks for posting the relish recipe - that looks/sounds wonderful -

You certainly know how to dress a dog....I would be on my second before I realized the first was gone. In regards to the relish....holy SUGAR batman.

Last edited:
James, you're absolutely right. I cut the sugar to one cup when I make it. But remember, it's a relish, not a side dish, so heavy on the seasoning is just right.

Back