strange rib cook question

Shaun H

TVWBB Fan
A neighbor lady asked me if I could smoke her some ribs. I said I'd love to. So she comes back with ribs that she had the butcher cut into individual ribs. Maybe two bones each at most. LOL

Is this going to change the way it cooks? I would think maybe it will cook faster. Going to be more difficult to tell when its done. This is going to be an an I interesting smoke the that's for sure.

I would worry it would dry before it was good and done, but our assumptions about BBQ are often just that.

I say cook it for her and report back on the free experiment. For all we know, that may be the best way to cook ribs.

Foil: Keep your heat low to start. After a couple hours, pack the rib duos side by side (as if reconnecting the whole slab) and wrap in foil with some liquid (apple/peach juice). Finish in foil. Nice smokey flavor, no concerns about drying them out.

Foil: Keep your heat low to start. After a couple hours, pack the rib duos side by side (as if reconnecting the whole slab) and wrap in foil with some liquid (apple/peach juice). Finish in foil. Nice smokey flavor, no concerns about drying them out.

+1 I was thinking this ^ when I read the initial post.

Back