Stoker won't communicate with either my network or software on computer

D Brown

My setup use to work just fine until now. I have a netgear router and netgear bridge (small black piece. When I plug the bridge into the stoker I get two green lights and then when I turn on the stoker I get all three green lights on the bridge. The stoker just is not communicating with my software on the computer or maybe its the network. I double checked the ip address on the stoker and made sure that was the address used on the stoker software. Any help would be much appreciated.

try setting the stoker to ip address 255.000.000.000 then reset it, it will put it back into DHCP mode. Maybe the address you are using is outside the alloted network IP address...

Is there a way to configure your router to keep it from assigning different ip adresses from time to time?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Brown:
Is there a way to configure your router to keep it from assigning different ip adresses from time to time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most routers will allow you to assign static IP addresses for known MAC addresses; in fact, this is the preferred and most secure way to run wireless in most cases. You'll need to know the MAC address of the Stoker (looks like "78-2B-CB-9C-96-C8" or with colons instead of dashes), and I'm not familiar with the Stoker but the MAC address might be printed on a sticker somewhere on the Stoker, or in the original docs shipped with it...or maybe can be viewed in its web interface...? Or if you can get it to connect to the router somehow, you should be able to use the router's web interface to see currently connected clients and get the Stoker's MAC address from its entry on that list. Once you have the Stoker's MAC, the router should have a web interface page that allows you to create a static address using that MAC. Hopefully this will alleviate your pain. Good luck!

I'm assuming this is a wireless bridge? There's been a lot written about how the Netgear router with netgear wireless bridge causes IP issues. I believe it's the bridge that suddenly begins issueing new IP addresses to devices, including laptops.
I'm not a computer guy and didn't want to deal with this, so I went with a powerline adapter, as I was advised to do. Hopefully, I won't have that problem with the Belkin powerline adapter.

Back