Steamed BBQ in Georgia?

Sounds close to par-boiling(sp.) to me. I smoke on the WSM with beer--but I try not to let any get on the meat.

Apparently he blew in, grabbed a few recipes, made up a few others, then blew out.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF MALE BOVINE SCAT. I live in south GA and none of us ever heard of that stuff. I wonder where he gets off at night.

Someone is just trying to pick with the south, because there jelous. You dont ever catch people from the south retiring and moving north do you.?

Those people in NY will not know the difference..(No offense to my nY friends!)
Reminds me of the Pace Picante commercial!

The whole thing is bad enough, but then the guy adds insult to injury by using BEER? What a total waste of such an important, life sustaining beverage.

Well, it sounds tasty, but it sure seems like a waste of beer. Give the guy credit though - he made up a nice story about bbq and the Times published it.

Now what are we going to do when all those yankees come down here looking for true "Georgia" bbq? This is a pretty big state and they'll be looking for a long time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and the Times published it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes me wonder if the reporter actually left the cubical to get the story.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Some guy from New Hampshire with a restaurant in New York City is claiming that true Georgia BBQ is steamed over beer then finished on the grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marketing 101 - get them talking about the product, get something controversial printed about the product, create an interest.

It worked with you guys, how many others?

How many will try it to see what it is like?

Regards

There is also a guy in Kentucky that grills slices of the shoulder. How Southern BBQ is lost on these people completely baffles me.

Here in the Stl area we grill slices that come from the butt. It's called a pork steak and it's a bbq staple in these parts. Great eats!

I'm assuming that slices from the shoulder are pretty much the same thing?

Rick

I love pork steak fried with garlic, freshly cut ginger, red peppers and soy sauce along with a bit of honey. Served up on a bed of steamed plain ol' basmati long grain rice. Sapporo beer, plwease.

I'm sure this guy makes some great pork. But to call it BBQ would just be disinformation.

Kind of like going to Epcot and saying you've been to Europe.

Back