Steak and potatoes

MikeD125

TVWBB All-Star
The wife went away for a couple days & the weather finally cleared for a day, so I just wanted to BBQ something to eat. So i picked up a rib steak and made some potatoes & carrots.

Steaks on!
IMAGE_4348C732-9D02-4D1C-B8DD-A98C5868F61F.JPG

Flipped:
IMAGE_813471E6-3722-490A-BB78-769FC832E073.JPG

All Done!
IMAGE_7367DA73-DC2F-40F9-8EDA-52DB0A0888D8.JPG

IMAGE_CEC61CC5-AC9B-4510-A409-77ABC2B47FBC.JPG

Perfectly grilled steak and some tasty looking sides, Mike! :) Those grillmates sure make some nice grill marks. Nicely done!!

Your steak looks wonderful! I tried those grill grates, they do give excellent grill marks. But, they really interrupt the airflow in the Weber grill. I just could not find a way to use them to my satisfaction. Looks like you have them figured out.

Your steak looks wonderful! I tried those grill grates, they do give excellent grill marks. But, they really interrupt the airflow in the Weber grill. I just could not find a way to use them to my satisfaction. Looks like you have them figured out.

Odd I have had no air flow issues.

Lid on, bottom vents all the way open, top air vent was located at an end with a handle where the grill grate doesn't extend to.

It has been a while since I used them. In fact, it has been so long that I have totally changed the way I cook steak. At that time, I was using the traditional Weber method of cooking them directly over high heat (lid off). Now, I do the reverse sear method. I would try them again, but I think that I traded them off. No doubt, your steaks look great...cheers!

Well done.....or perfectly done Mike. Plate looks full, I'll bbet you were too. It's nice to live in "Mens Town", just for a few, then back to reality! :)

Back