Spice mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Appler

TVWBB Super Fan
Does anyone have a recommendation for a spice mill? It seems that many recipes I am making require me to grind up spices. I have a mortal and pestle, but I would like to get a spice mill to make the process easier and neater.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I've been doing a little hunting, and about all I find on the 'net right now are the Oxo grinder sets.

What do other folks use?

-Matt

I use a little Cuisinart Mini-mate chopper/grinder - works great for spices. Amazon has them for about $25.

I also use a coffee grinder -works great! Turns pepper corns into as fine a grind as you want. I run my chili spices thru it too. Read somewhere that if you grind up some rice after spices that it cleans it out really well
Dave

Been running my spices through a coffee mill for years. Also,take your spices, mix them just before putting them on your object you are smoking and the flavor is more pronounced.

Norm /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A little late to chime in but here goes. I have 2 Krup grinders,one white and one black. The black one is for coffee beans only and the white one is for herbs,spices and Cayenne peppers that I grow and dry myself. Trust me,you don't want to have
your coffee taste like Cayennes!!!!! They are about $20-$25 each and last a long time.
I use either rice(uncooked)or a little kosher salt. Really cleans it up.

Not too late at all! I haven't purchased anything yet, but I am inclined to get a coffee grinder and see how it does! Thanks everyone for your help.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back