Smokefire Stealth EPX4 won't reach more than 250C/480F

Hopefully Weber will do the right thing, again.

Have you considered getting a different Noctua fan? Something with more air flow. I recall reading about other SmokeFire owners replacing their fans because they didn't like how loud the grill is. It' been awhile, but I think I read it on Weber's SmokeFire forums.

Hopefully Weber will do the right thing, again.

Have you considered getting a different Noctua fan? Something with more air flow. I recall reading about other SmokeFire owners replacing their fans because they didn't like how loud the grill is. It' been awhile, but I think I read it on Weber's SmokeFire forums.
Yes I've looked for a Noctua with higher air flow. Can't find a compatible (24 V, 3000 RPM PWM, 120 mm) with higher air flow than the one I have. The max air flow on this fan is around 60 % of a stock working fan.

I would be surprised if someone on this forum wouldn't be able to help out with another solution to your fan problem. I would gladly send you a spare fan if I had one.

Hard for me to understand how lower airflow would give higher air temps in the grill. The fan is there to not only move air around (sort of like a convection oven) but also to help provide combustion air and prevent backburn during shutdown. Given that I would think lower CFM = lower combustion = lower temps.
Am I missing something here?

I just did an experiment: I put the two fan in series. This doesn't increase max CFM beyond the stock value, but it increases max mmH2O. The grill then won't go beyond 230 C, more or less as before I changed to Noctua. I realize that the air flow with the stock fan (or both in series) in my grill actually is too much, that it kind of kills the flame in the warm-up phase. I suspect this is a controller issue. The lower airflow of the Noctua won't blow out the flame as the stock one does, but let it go to 315. Is that plausible?

Back