Smoked Desserts?

Seth Boardman

TVWBB Fan
Has anyone ever tried making smoked desserts? I have a whole section in my cookbook for smoked desserts but that just sounds kind of weird to do. If you have done any let me know what it is please!

Baked a cake on my pellet smoker, I am thing a apple cobbler would be really good, will have to make with spenda or something along those lines, diabetic 2 :(

I've tried a smoked cheesecake. Actually, did a side by side test a year ago, identical cheesecakes, 1 smoked, 1 just baked in the oven. Everyone in attendance agreed that the smoke characteristic was minimal at best, if even detectable.

I cant remember which pellets I used, smoke was very light due to the temp I ran it at, in hindsite I should have used a tube for xtra smoke. I can almost taste the fried taters n onions my great grandfather cooked on his pot bellied stove, the smoke flavor was my first taste and have loved it ever since.

I'll often smoke a component of a dessert but not really the whole thing usually. Although really there's no reason why not I suppose! Few examples, smoking chocolate, fruit, eggs (for an emulsion or custard, milk or cream. Lends a very controlled smoke flavour to what you're doing but still lets you finish more classically

I've tried a smoked cheesecake. Actually, did a side by side test a year ago, identical cheesecakes, 1 smoked, 1 just baked in the oven. Everyone in attendance agreed that the smoke characteristic was minimal at best, if even detectable.
would this work on a wsm? I bet a smoked caramel cheesecake would be good!

Back