Skinless stuffed chicken thighs -- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob

If you could marinade them in wish-bone for a couple of hours it would help. You might also want to baste a little more to help. The dark meat will have more fat so maybe it won't be too much of a problem.

I did Steve's receipe and liked it. I will make one point. I was unable to find hard swiss cheese so I just grabbed a pacage of individually wrapped slices. My wife said she couldn't really taste the cheese, and I'll have to admit I couldn't either. When I began to clean-up, I found the cheese. It was at the bottom the waterpan and stuck to it. Couldn't wash it out. Had to literally take a diner knife and scrape it off the bottom. When I try it again I'll use some type of hard cheese.

Good luck.

PRG

I recenly made this for a party and they came out very good. I used skinless, boneless breasts, marinated in Italian Dressing for the day and then pounded them out real thin.

I filled with swiss cheese, red pepper(2 strips) and 2 smokie links. I then rolled them up and used several toothpicks to secure and hold the contents in.

Now, I cooked over indirect heat on a grill and they came out wonderful. None of the insides fell out because of the toothpicks. You really do need a slow heat to insure the cheese melts and the peppers soften a bit.

I used to make another chicken roll-up recipe that included a pineapple and cheese sauce smothering pounded chicken breasts filled with red peppers. I have been searching for that and will post as soon as it shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back