Should I buy a used Summit?

PaulW

Last edited:
Pay particular attention to the front of the fire box. Just above where the burners enter the control panel. They fail there and unless you know someone who can make one you're DOA. Weber does not support the grill any more except for burners and the like. Many accessories and parts from the old style (13 row) Genesis grills fit btw. The fire box is a HUGE disappointment. Oddly though this is probably the best grill Weber ever made

Hi PaulW,
there is somthing nice about owning a 'Top of the Range' grill.
The price might be a tad high, but think of what they originally cost, and really, they cook just as well as a brand new one, once you give them a little love.

Pay particular attention to the front of the fire box. Just above where the burners enter the control panel. They fail there and unless you know someone who can make one you're DOA.

LMichaels, do you think there would be somthing to gain by bolting on a strip of SS on the underside of that protruding enamel steel above the gas catchers/igniters that does rot away. Just extend it a little bit past the lip so that it takes the direct heat, not the enamel?

I'm going to try to find a fabricator that can make an entirely new piece from SS. So far no love though. BTW I have the same grill. I do love it. I just hate that Weber failed to support it under warranty. Will definitely make my considerations for a grill company different. I can tell you that.

I'm going to try to find a fabricator that can make an entirely new piece from SS. So far no love though. BTW I have the same grill. I do love it. I just hate that Weber failed to support it under warranty. Will definitely make my considerations for a grill company different. I can tell you that.

Take this with a grain of salt, but as I understand it, since the grill box is still under warranty, Weber HAS to do something about it. No longer making the part doesn't absolve them of their warranty obligation.

Yeah well they seem to think they're "absolved" All I got is "we're so sorry we sure hope you consider another new Summit". Fool me once...............

Yeah well they seem to think they're "absolved" All I got is "we're so sorry we sure hope you consider another new Summit". Fool me once...............

Definitely sucks that you would have to go to these lengths, but do you know anyone who is a lawyer and can give you their opinion on this as to what the actual law is ? You might have already done this, but personally, I'd be on the phone with Weber escalating the issue to as high a level as I could. I might also try some kind of web campaign, whether it's through writing to The Consumerist, or some other kind of site. Let Weber know that you are quite active on social media / grilling type websites and will happily tell everyone you can about their lack of warranty service in your case.

Back