Scotts Sauce/Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark T.

TVWBB Member
Hi All,

After hearing the rave reviews about this sauce, I ordered some annd my gallon jug arrived today. Do you all use this mainly with butt and shoulder, pardon my ignorance but I have not used this vinegary type of sauce yet.

Thanks,

Mark

Never used it, but I must say you're brave buying a gallon of something you haven't tasted!

Hey, want to buy some land...

Mark

Yes, it is ordinarily used for pulled pork. I ordered some, and honestly, it was a little too hot for me. If you find it that way, they recommend pouring withouut shaking the bottle. That wasn't enough help for me so I cut it with apple cider vinegar. Then it suited my taste.

It is quite popular and has gotten some awards. Hope you enjoy it.

Paul

Pulled pork is what Scott's was meant for-- especially since pulled pork is BBQ in the Carolinas. Not sweet at all, has some heat that lingers on the finish, and is a definite compliment to the pork it was made to accompany. I tried cloning it-- check the sauce recipes forum.

Scotts is not for the weak...it is very spicy.
However, that is a perfect compliment to the pork. Remember that if you just taste a spoonful, it's going to taste different when it's splashed all over the meat.

Thanks for the help all, and M Homechick if a 10.00 investment in sauce is my worst problem I can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back