Scored another WSM for $40 yeeehaaa!!

Burtess

TVWBB Fan
Picked up an older WSM with the wood handles today for $40CDN. All is in good shape except the water pan which has a large dent in it and is rusted through on the bottom. Just have to find another pan or a Brinkman one or a SS bowl to fit.

Anyone know where to get a pan up in Ontario, nobody seems to carry them. To order one is very pricy up here. Any ideas??

Burt
icon_smile.gif

Hi Burt,

Basspro carries the Brinkmann pan, I think the cheapest price I've seen. Not sure of the shipping of it or if they have a Toronto store maybe. You could wait until the one in Buffalo gets built (hahaha...ya right!).

In the past when I've called Weber to order parts (as opposed to just doing it online), they have waived the shipping every time.

I actually have 2 extra brinkman pans right now, was planning on doing the Piedmont Pan with them, but I'm happy with the clay pot mod, so if you are ever across the border here in Buffalo, I'd hook you up with one of them.

Edit: nice score BTW, how'd that happen? Garage sale, classifieds, pure luck???

Todd

Hey Todd,

I called BassPro in Toronto today and they do not carry the Brinkmann pan, there is a lot of stuff on the US site they don't carry
icon_confused.gif

I took your advice and called Onward Manufacturing Company (distributes Weber in Canada) and they are sending me out a water pan, shipped to my door, for nothing!

OMC and Weber service certainly rocks!!!

Thanks for the offer of the pan as well Todd!

I found this deal on Kijiji.ca and jumped on it.

Burt
icon_smile.gif

Excellent!

I've read a few posts by those of you from the great up North about OMC and they were saying that their customer service was not as good as Weber USA's. I'm glad to hear that may have just been a single occurence and is not the norm.

Nice site, that kijiji, I think I might just have to try and build that into my yahoo pipes searches. I certainly would have crossed the border and took a 1-2 hour drive for a $40 wsm :)

Todd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd Randall:
I certainly would have crossed the border and took a 1-2 hour drive for a $40 wsm :)

Todd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you were probably closer than I was. I found it in Fort Erie, right across the bridge from you. I was about an hour away but luckily I have a couple of customers close to there that I dropped in on as well.

Burt
icon_smile.gif

Back