"Scored" a BNIB 14.5 WSM yesterday for $100

W Tyler

TVWBB All-Star
Responded to a CL listing, met the sellers at a rinky-dink office park north of the city. They had the office space FULL of stuff - majority of it just junk piled on top of junk. But the WSM was pulled out and set to the side. Did a quick inspection and handed the lady 5-20s. Deal was done.

She also had listed a copper OTG that she'd said earlier was sold. Seller inspected and found damage to both the bowl and lid. I took a peek, saw the damage and asked "How much?" She said 20 bucks. SOLD!!

The bowl damage is most significant, as it appears it was dropped from probably 8-10 feet and landed right on one of the mounting sockets for the leg, and indented the entire thing about an inch (distorting the position of the front leg forward, if mounted). My fix for that is a trip to my uncles and a couple minutes under his shop press to restore it. Lid damage is on the lip and can easily be straightened with pliers. All parts were there, so I got a fixable $150 Copper OTG for 20 bucks. I can't complain!! :cool:

W Tyler;
You must be living right. That's a heck of a nice score! That'll add nicely to your extensive collection. I use my 14.5" a LOT. My poor 18.5 just sits there while I do my smoking on the 14.5" and the Mini-Joe Gold.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back