Ribs from a week ago

Did some ribs three different ways a week or so ago, just uploaded the pics. One rack was the old standby of woosty slather then rubbed with TBR Original, one was woosty and Lawry's, and then the third we decided to call Sicilian because it was salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a healthy dose of crushed red pepper. All came out very tasty, with the Sicilian being my favorite. My wife really couldn't tell the difference between any of them, but was eager to eat plenty of each variety.

Rib pics

http://i324.photobucket.com/al...rMike79/IMG_0979.jpg

To be honest, I was expecting more of a difference in flavors than what was actually there. The Sicilian ones had some heat, from the crushed red pepper, and they were they most agressively salted, which I also tasted and liked. The garlic powder and onion powder didn't come through too much really though. The others, between the TBR and the Lawry's, were both tasty, the TBR was more flavorful given the blend of spices in it, but the Lawry's really held it's own in my opinion. My wife preferred the Lawry's to the other two, which surprised me a little, because the TBR is a staple at our house. If I were to make a bunch of ribs to use to experiment with sauces, I think I would go with the Lawry's since it didn't have any one overwhelming flavor characteristic, just tasted like well-seasoned meat.

Back