Rib Roast or Steak?

Brian B.

TVWBB Fan
I'm looking for some opinions about what to do with a leftover piece of uncooked rib roast that I have. We bought a 4 bone roast for Christmas and realized that there was too much. I cut one bone off with meat on both sides and it is probably about 2 lbs. will I be best served to just trim this into 1 odd steak and one nice bone in ribeye or is there something more interesting I can do with this hunk of beef?

Chop it and do very high end tasty tacos????
Of course that's just me that wants everything to be in a tortilla :)

I would tend to grill it with the bone in as an oversized steak, like the king of steaks.
But you would have to share a 2LB steak right? Naaah, maybe not.

I'm looking for some opinions about what to do with a leftover piece of uncooked rib roast that I have. We bought a 4 bone roast for Christmas and realized that there was too much. I cut one bone off with meat on both sides and it is probably about 2 lbs. will I be best served to just trim this into 1 odd steak and one nice bone in ribeye or is there something more interesting I can do with this hunk of beef?
How thick is it and if you lay it on its side is the bone centered or is all the extra meat on the top? If the bone is flush with one side of the meat you could carefully cut it along the bone so that you have one bone-in steak and one boneless, provided it's thick enough. Alternatively, if you have the knife skills you could cut as many extremely thin steaks as possible until you reach the bone, and then use them for cheesesteak sandwiches.

Back