Recommendations for replacement heat deflector and flavorizer bars?

Yves A

My Genesis (6531001, 2013 year model) probably could use some of those... While I moved the flavorizer bar with holes in it to the space that isn't above a burner, I think it's time to replace both flavorizer bars and heat deflectors (see pic). I wa going to simply use Weber parts (with the enameled flavorier bars) but then started looking on Amazon and reading older threads here.

Does this seem to be too good to be true? Given the thickness they provide, looks like the stainless steel (of unknown grade) may be 17/16L gauge? I found an older thread here recommeding these 16 gauge bars, more expensive than that other whole kit, but with more reviews (the "too good to be true" listing has very few reviews, all very recent, but that may be that it's a new product too).

WDYT? Thanks in advance for advice!

Find ‘rcplanebuyer” on eBay and buy the tents and bars from him. His name is Dave Santana. You’ll pay more, but everything Dave makes is heavy duty and high quality stainless. They’ll be the last set you’ll ever need to buy so the “buy once, cry once” mantra easily justifies the extra cost (especially for a personal grill rather than a flip project) vs the Chinese knockoffs on Amazon. You can also find Dave on Sacramento area Craigslist sites and reach out to him directly there to save a few bucks if you wish. Search “rcplanebuyer” here on the forum for further evidence of just how good Dave’s products are. You’ll be impressed.

My Genesis (6531001, 2013 year model) probably could use some of those... While I moved the flavorizer bar with holes in it to the space that isn't above a burner, I think it's time to replace both flavorizer bars and heat deflectors (see pic). I wa going to simply use Weber parts (with the enameled flavorier bars) but then started looking on Amazon and reading older threads here.

Does this seem to be too good to be true? Given the thickness they provide, looks like the stainless steel (of unknown grade) may be 17/16L gauge? I found an older thread here recommeding these 16 gauge bars, more expensive than that other whole kit, but with more reviews (the "too good to be true" listing has very few reviews, all very recent, but that may be that it's a new product too).

WDYT? Thanks in advance for advice!
What you're looking at from Amazon will work just fine and last many years.

Without question, you can’t go wrong with Dave Santana known as “rcplanebuyer” on eBay. You should search on Craigslist - San Francisco Bay for Weber flavorizer bars until you find a listing from Burlingame. You will save if you do that vs eBay.

Nonetheless, I can also recommend products from Qlimetal which I have consistently found to be a cut above the other import suppliers on Amazon. Have a look at these:

Without question, you can’t go wrong with Dave Santana known as “rcplanebuyer” on eBay. You should search on Craigslist - San Francisco Bay for Weber flavorizer bars until you find a listing from Burlingame. You will save if you do that vs eBay.

Nonetheless, I can also recommend products from Qlimetal which I have consistently found to be a cut above the other import suppliers on Amazon. Have a look at these:

This ^^^

There are enough reviews on that first set for me to roll the dice on them. One of the biggest questions is always whether they fit properly and I think that was answered in the limited reviews. Longevity is another thing, but for the price I would chance it. Besides, if you don't like them for whatever reason you can just return them to your nearest Kohl's.

You should search on Craigslist - San Francisco Bay for Weber flavorizer bars until you find a listing from Burlingame. You will save if you do that vs eBay.
A listing from Burlingame? I tried to search (using the search box on sfbay.craigslist.com) for "flavorized" and got zero results.

Don't worry about what he is specifically advertising on the Craigslist ad. Use the ad to message him. Tell him exactly what you need. You might mention TVWBB since he gets a lot of referrals from here.

Back