Rec. any temp probes that work with my smart phone?

Shaun H

TVWBB Fan
I currently use the ET-732, and have for several years. But I live in an apartment, and as a result, often lose service, got to go downstairs to try and fix it, come back up, only to lose signal again, etc.

Yesterday's pitwars, Mo Cason had something that worked with his phone, to see the pit/food temps. Any body have any recommendations for this? It would be a HUGE help to me, and would like to hear some first hand experience to help me decide what to get. Thanks everybody.

On another forum on this site there are active discussions around the HeaterMeter ATC a DIY ATC that uses Maverick probes and has smartphone apps for both iPhone and Android. Hundreds have been built and they cost around $200 all in for the parts.

igrill. Got it for Xmas 2012 and love it. I can have 2 probes monitored on my iphone or iPad. I literally start the smoker and sit on the couch watching football while the weber smokes away. Every once in a while I glance at the grate temp and meat temp on my device. Range is great. Very happy with device.

I bought the i-grill mini but found out a week later after I tried to sync it i-grill mini doesnt work with i-phone 4.I'm just going to keep it till I upgrade my phone.

Back