Read This Serial Number

I keep a hammer, 7/16 wrench, vice grips and gloves in the car anymore! You guys have created a monster!!!

Aahaha i got that 1000 and stripped it right in front of the guy , he was like ohhh wow ok

Oh yea it had both little racks inside too. The basket that hangs from the lid and that little back rack as well

I keep a hammer, 7/16 wrench, vice grips and gloves in the car anymore! You guys have created a monster!!!
I also keep two large folded pieces of heavy cardboard (effectively the width and length of my CRV cargo area), a few old towels and bungee cords as well. These take up minimal room, and have proven to be useful (even when not transporting old grills).
I've picked up to a Weber 3000 by myself in my CRV; fold down seats, towel on rear bumper (to protect paint), unfold and place one piece of cardboard so it's hanging out and down over the rear bumper (and towel), unfold other piece of cardboard so it's covering the bottom of the cargo area. Remove grill lid, grates, and flavorizer bars. Bungee anything that might move. The hard part is getting the grill pivoted so it's leaning against the cardboard, then slide the whole thing in. If you're sliding on its back, have to watch the hinge bosses on the cookbox- this is where the cardboard on cardboard helps. There will be lots of mess dislodged when the grill is pivoted on its back (or front), and most if it winds up in the car. The cover, grates,and flavorizer can fit in around the grill.
Close hatch, drive home, then find a place to hide the new acquisition before the wife gets home.

I bring a scraper, brush and a flat open box that I set under the firebox. I do a quick initial scrape down and brush out of the firebox and drip tray, if it's there. Everything ends up in the box, then a plastic bag. I also bring an old wastebasket or sturdy box that's close to the bumper height of our minivan to help leverage flipping the grill before sliding it in. Those Silver, Gold and Platinum C's are a lot easier to load with that helper.

It’s actually kind of funny reading these techniques, and thinking back to the first red head I rescued. I just manhandled into the back of my van (2016 Honda Odyssey) on its back. I had zero clue about Weber gassers back then, and heard a bunch of loud crashing noises and had an awful mess on my hands. Now I have a bit of a science to it. Learning more and more with each one!

Back