re-heating ribs

Jamie Mathews

TVWBB Member
I'm having some friends over tomorrow, and I was hoping to make ribs, but I'll be gone for a few hours before they get there...I was thinking of making them early in the morning (off the grill by 10 AM), and then maybe re-heating them at 6 PM. Is there a proven way to do this without ruining the ribs?

My best results have been to cut the slabs in 1/3s, wrap them in foil and reheat on the grill. I have even done this the next day (or 2 days after) with great results.

I spray them with a little diluted apple juice and foil them.

I then reheat them on the grill or in the oven. Sometimes I think the ribs have better flavor and texture the next day.

I think the ribs are always good, but I like the foil and grill options. I'll definitely use that next time -- maybe a quick (10 - 15 min) on high heat unfoiled at the end. Depends on the condition of the ribs.

Rich

Jamie, the biggest problem i see is when you finish the ribs around 10am,are you going to have enough time to let the ribs cool down and put in the fridge before you have to leave, i would not feel comfortable leaving any meat out of the fridge for 6+ hrs. To reheat the ribs just stick in the oven, should have no problem there.

Whenever I do ribs I cook several extra racks to cut and freeze for future lunches at work ( I love driving my co-workers crazy with the aromas
icon_biggrin.gif
) All we have to re-heat is a very basic microwave but they do fine if I keep the power setting down around 2 or 3 out of 10. I do them a few minutes at a time until the right temperature. At home my microwave has a sensor reheat button that does fine. But I would agre the oven or grill does best.

When I need to do ribs in advance, I usually cook them and then wrap in foil and refrigerate. When needed, I reheat them in the foil on the grill or in the oven and then unwrap and finish up with any sauce or glaze on the grill.

Back