Quick Question about case 4.3

Chris D Norton

TVWBB Member
I received one of the mistake cases and it fits great.

With the m3x25 screws any idea where to get? Saw some on eBay and hobby King but I can't track down the nuts that go with.

Ace usually doesn't have m3 screws or nuts. I have had to look all over locally, have not found that size at any hardware store unless they order it for you and that can be expensive for two nuts and two screws

Haven't tried it, but maybe an 1/8" screw would work? it's only 0.006" smaller than an M3.

I'm all about the Metric system, and was sold on it while in Australia, but heard a great quote the other day ... "There's two kinds of countries in this world, those who use the Metric System, and those that went to the Moon!"

I've never had a problem buying at Fastenal, albeit the price. Grainger.... some people have had problems without a tax ID

IIRC, I got the screws & nuts for mine at the local Ace.

I think originally I got them from the metric drawers at Ace as well now that you mention it. Also keep in mind you can use 25mm length or 30mm length if you can find just one of those. You got me thinking about it and I feel like it is a bit of a dick move to give someone a free misprint case but require them to source 2 metric screws and nuts in the US. You'd think screws and nuts is one area where we could easily switch to the metric system. Does anyone even know how big a #4 machine screw is? Oh yes of course it is 0.060 + 4*0.013 inches!

Haven't tried it, but maybe an 1/8" screw would work? it's only 0.006" smaller than an M3.

I'm all about the Metric system, and was sold on it while in Australia, but heard a great quote the other day ... "There's two kinds of countries in this world, those who use the Metric System, and those that went to the Moon!"

Being Canadian, I love the metric system, even though tonnes of stuff is still in imperial.

My favroite "metric sucks" thing is this:

metric-system-freedom.jpg.662x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

CAW!

I had a blast earlier this week building something where the space it had to fit in was 80cm square (maximizing the area), built out of 2x4 (which are 1.5x3.5"), holding a part which was 27 1/8" x 19 3/16" on a 1 degree back-to-front grade. How many hundreds of conversions I had to do to get all my cuts just right, it is a good thing I am unemployed to have this kind of time!

Back