Prices for Butts

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past two weeks I've seen so many different prices for butts in my area. First I saw a sale for .99, then at Sams Club they were .88. The next week they were 1.09 at Sams. This week one store had them for .77 and other stores have them for 2.99.

What do you all generally pay for butts?

Sam's in our part of the world is typically $.99. I would think anything less than $1.25 would be OK. $2.99 is way too much. It probably is sold boneless, and a smaller cut (> 4 lbs.), hence the higher price.

we paid .87 Wed before last for 475 pounds of square cut, we were told that the price was going up.
It seems they were correct.
Jim

My first boston butt, purchased just yesterday from Shoppers Food Warehouse in VA, was 1.38 lb. I paid $3.99 lb for my brisket, yipes!

The best I've paid is 77 cents a pound by the case at Sam's. Forget all the rubbish about needing fresh meat, Butts freeze just fine.

I've got a pretty big GE deep freeze so I get mine by the case. Last case was $.74/lb (no skin noninjected IBP) at Sam's club. I'm not a member but I have my folks pick me up meat when they go there. Most of the grocery stores around here will charge from $.99 (on sale) to $1.49/lb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back